Thank you to all well wishers and an update on Chris........

Chris and I want to thank all of our wonderful customers who have been so understanding with us lately!

My husband and business partner, Chris, had a very serious crash during a time trial race event on his bicycle where he hit a stationary car at 30 mph. He has a complex fracture of his neck at C-2 and some also to C-3. In addition, there is some collateral damage to the facet joints and disks at several levels, broken ribs and many surface wounds. Miraculously, he did not suffer any spinal injury and we are optimistic of a full recovery (well.........maybe full minus the racing part!) He is having a Halo Brace surgically placed tonight and hopefully will be able to return home in a few days.

Again, thank you for all your support and encouragement!

Comments

• I have just seen your letter regarding your husband Chris.I do hope he is on the road to recovery.I bought a few day lillies early this year and they are looking good,next year even better.
    Best wishes to you both.
    Regards Anne Carroll

Posted by Anne Carroll on July 21, 2015
  • Like Shelley, I just found your website. I am sorry to hear of your husband’s accident. I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Posted by Sue Deacon on July 05, 2015
  • Hi just wanted to say I received my order today and thank you I can’t wait to see them bloom I have never ordered plants before on-line we moved into our house 18 years ago and the lady that lived here had the most beautiful orange ones that are still going .I hope your husband keeps getting better thank you again .

Posted by Michelle on June 30, 2015
  • Hi,sorry to hear of your husbands accident,hope he is on the mend now,your day lilies arrived here in Crete in good condition & one of them Hello Screamer is in flower & only planted about 5 or 6 weeks ago! Many thanks, you supply good quality plants. Ray Dauwalder

Posted by Ray Dauwalder on June 21, 2015
  • Dear Paula
    I was very sorry to read of your husband’s cycling accident. I wish him a very speedy recovery.
    The daylilies I bought from you are doing very well and a welcome addition to my collection.
    Idris (H)

Posted by Idris Harding on June 05, 2015
  • Oh my gosh. I just found your website to order some day lilies and read about your partner/hubby. My thoughts are with you all and hope he has a full and speedy recovery! As someone with L3-5 spinal damage, I’m so glad to hear he has no spinal damage! But his injuries sound horrific enough! While he’s getting the medical care he requires and getting bored by not being able to do as he wishes, I hope you are looking after yourself too! its important for you to take time for yourself, too!

Posted by Shelley on June 01, 2015
  • So sorry to hear of the accident. I do hope he continues to improve. God bless.

Posted by Mrs B Anderson on May 20, 2015
  • Hi Paula, We have just heard from Jane that Chris has had an accident. I did send an email to the only address i had for you but thought this evening I would try SDL. We are in UK from 21-27 May so will give you a ring and see if we can come and see the old boy. All our thoughts and good wishes are with you both.

Posted by Gill and Roy on May 17, 2015