Terms & Conditions
Any order placed on the website for hemerocallis is subject to these Terms and Conditions and by placing your order you are deemed to have read and accepted them.
However, at Strictly Daylilies Ltd our primary focus is on pleasing our customers so if you are not happy with any of our daylilies you buy from us, you may return it at any time for a refund.
Our undertaking to you
- We will only supply hemerocallis plants of a good size and in healthy condition. The size of the root cluster varies according to variety but generally our plants are too large to fit into a 1-litre pot. See ‘Your action on receipt’.
- We endeavour to keep the website updated to show hemerocallis stock availability accurately so we rarely have to advise customers of non-availability. Should that happen we will offer an alternative hemerocallis variety but we will never make a substitution without prior approval.
- Orders are prepared on Mondays and sent out on Tuesdays so that delays in transit over weekends are avoided. We use Royal Mail First Class post or similar 2-3 day services although this is an estimate and we have no control over post services. Next day or exact day delivery can be arranged at extra cost.
- Unless specifically requested, we do not dispatch daylilies during winter months. Depending on prevailing weather we expect to start spring dispatches in early April and will usually continue through October.
Price and payment terms
- Payment is required at the time of order and all daylily orders will be dispatched within a few days of the order being received. During winter months when orders are accepted but are held for April dispatch, payment fixes the price regardless of any general increase prior to dispatch.
- Prices on the website may be adjusted at any time. Prices for daylilies sold other than through the website may vary from the website price.
- Out-of-stock hemerocallis can be reserved for future supply when available. Email or telephone for details.
- Post and packing is charged in addition to the cost of the plants at a rate of £5.95 per order. Orders valued at £70.00 or more will be sent post-free. This applies to all of Great Britain and the Channel Islands. Mainland Europe rate is £22.00 except for Germany which is £12.95. We can send daylilies further afield subject to individual quotes for post and packing.
- If you prefer to pay by cheque or by direct online banking, please contact us. If paying by card we do not charge a credit card surcharge but payment by debit card will reduce our banking costs, so is preferred!
Your action on receipt
- Daylilies are dispatched bare-rooted. They store water in their roots and can survive for quite a while (depends on season) without water. They will have been in soil until a day or two prior to dispatch so should be fully hydrated at that time. We generally wrap the hemerocallis plants in paper while they are dormant or semi-dormant but will wrap the roots in a poly-bag during the growing season.
- Each dayliliy has its variety name on a stick label attached to it so take care not to muddle them!
- On receipt you should unwrap the daylilies and place the roots in water for an hour or so prior to planting. Plants should not be left in plastic bags as although bags help prevent dehydration, they can lead to rotting. Further planting and care instructions for hemerocallis are sent with every order.
- Please tell us if you will be away so we can avoid plants arriving when you are not there to receive them.
Guarantee and cancellation
- You may return the daylilies at any time for a full refund or replacement. We will ask for your reasons only to help identify problems and thereby enable us to improve our service.
- Orders can be cancelled at any time prior to dispatch without penalty so you will be given a full refund.
- We will not retain details of your payment card once your order has been processed.
- We will not release your personal details to any third party unless required to by law.
Complaints, suggestions and questions
- No one gets everything right all the time and that applies to us as much as anyone. If you feel we have let you down in any way or not met your expectations, please tell us. Your criticisms can help us improve. The business owner, Paula Dyason, will deal personally with any complaint.
- Suggestions and requests are always welcome. Contact by email is preferred so we have a written record.
- Any questions, however trivial, contact us.
Revision date 19 February, 2016